Oh, you poor blog readers! Sorry for not posting this week. Mike and I are giving the South Beach Diet a try instead of Jenny Craig, which means that I usually do my cooking when I get home in the morning from work. That way Mike has his meals set up for the day and I don't have to wake up early to cook. Plus, last week I worked three nights on, one off, and another four on the unit, so between that and cooking the blogging got put by the wayside for a few days.
Our big highlight this week was the visit of one Pastor Ron Beabout from the Cedar Grove, WI area. He came in on Thursday night and left this morning. His visit was a very welcome taste of the midwest right in our living room for two days! Mike was pretty excited to have a smoking buddy, although I did actually get around to setting up the hookah with my favorite tobaccos: orange and jasmine. Mmmmm! It went very well with our Orfila Viognier "Lotus" wine. The winery was almost sold out of it yesterday when I went to get some. They won a gold medal for their Lotus in Bordeaux, France this year. No wonder I like their Viognier so much; it's one of my all-time favorite wines!
Another favorite thing I've discovered: Garlic-stuffed green olives. I bought another jar yesterday and almost single-handedly consumed the whole thing by this morning.
On another topic, there was a really cool study on fertility that I read at work. It was an article of research done by Harvard. Here it is (if I remember it correctly): Regular dairy products (i.e. whole milk vs.skim, regular vs. light cheeses, etc.) can increase fertility rates by 38%. It has something to do with the fat cells interacting with the ovarian production. Conversely, skim and non-fat products can increase INfertility by a whopping 80%. Now obviously, there are exceptions to the rules in every case, but I thought those were pretty interesting numbers. My thought is that someone who is dieting very hard and living on a low-carb diet with everything non-fat might have a more difficult time than the average person. Harvard's recommendation? Try eating regular ice cream two times a week.
Anyway. Time to go beddy-bye. Off to work again tonight I go. Please pray for me; things have been busier than ever and the stress levels are increasing among our staff, especially with the pending legal actions of the infant death that occurred a couple of weeks ago. That type of stress and busyness makes for a tough work environment sometimes.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I like the new color scheme!
We did South Beach. I lost 18 pounds, then I got pregnant! You know you can't have ANY alcohol or it doesn't work at all. I know because I tried. The key to success is to do it exactly the way the directions say - no substitutions like other diets and NO cheating. TRUST ME on this and it will work great for you! Good Luck!!! Not like you have to diet PAM!
I love the flower garden quilt you have posted. Is that the quilt you are working on? It looks very much like one my paternal grandmother did. It is very beautiful. We are trying the South Beach Diet too. Pray for us in this as well.
Post a Comment