Monday, March 30, 2009

Back Online

Well, dear blog readers, here I am again. I am back online (literally) after dealing with termite-tenting, a broken pipe with more wet floors/walls in the kitchen (again) followed by heater/dryers and maintenance men invading our place to repair walls; and working the last 6 nights in a row due to back scheduling without much of a say since I'm a traveller. Oh well. I can't really honestly think of anything profound to say. I'm really, really glad I had a chance to visit Chicago and new nephew Blake last week! I can't believe vacation already came and went, but it sure did me some good. When I came back to work, I had two fetal demises (one 22 weeks and one full-term) and an MVA phone call tonight where a mom was killed by two cars racing each other and left a 3-month-old. Lots of tragedy at work this week, lots of tears shed, and I have to admit that in my regular deliveries, I cried with each of the families with healthy babies. Talk about emotional roller-coaster.

But, at least, our internet is working again, and I can blog and have the next few days off to paint, do laundry, clean, and maybe go to the beach one day. I have to admit that would be pretty cool.

1 comment:

April said...

Oh that is awful to have so many tragedies in such a short amount of time! Glad to know everything is getting semi settled after the pipe fiasco. You should totally go to the beach and just chill!!