Friday, March 6, 2009

Insomniac

Hello, dear blog readers. Here it is, after 3:00 in the morning, and I'm reminiscing of the days when I first started nights and had insomnia all the time. Ah, the days. Watching TMC....I love those old black and whites! I don't want to pull out the sewing machine right now so I can avoid waking up my spouse. I'm thinking of hitting the grocery store at 5:00 and then going back to bed. In the meantime, it's reading and hanging out and getting rid of the late-night headache for me!

The one thing about being up at this time is that it's so quiet. The birds (including the local crows) aren't out; I'm not hearing night bugs, and the neighbors are sleeping. No rap music going on upstairs. In some ways it's kinda nice. Can't really think of anything else to write at the moment, but since facebook seems to be down, here I am. I can't believe Mike only has a little over a year left of school, but I have to admit, I'll be glad when it's over. Hopefully it'll mean the end of working nights for a while.

1 comment:

April said...

I now have my nights of being up at 3am but for different reasons. :) I do enjoy the quiet even when I am half asleep trying to feed my hungry baby. But its a nice peaceful moment at 3am. Hope working nights is coming to an end within a year's time!