Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Vacation!!!

Hi, dear blog readers! Well, now that I have almost a week off, my poor hubby endured hunger in order to let me sleep late today. He was showing me what great literature the Psalms are, and he was helping me to learn what he learned in class. Poor guy! After two hours on the phone, followed by two hours of discussion at the dinner table, he must be spent, but it was nice to finally get some face time after working 7 out of the last 8 days.

So far I have managed to keep my herbs alive, although the thyme is looking pretty sad. The concoction I made of chili piquins boiled in water, followed by adding some blue Dawn dishsoap in a spray bottle, seems to be working out pretty well. I haven't seen any new larvae on my plants. A few of the leaves look a little burned, but it beats having holes chewed in every leaf.

So I plan this week (if the budget looks okay) to get a table that I can grout and tile to put on the back patio, kind-of like a bistro-style table. Friends of ours do really nice work in tile/glass grouting, so they said they would help me if I can find a table. I'm hoping to find something that will work when I wake up tomorrow. Any suggestions for blank tables, anyone? I think I can get some tile or glass either at a local craft shop or home good store tomorrow. It'll be a nice way to kick off vacation. I keep thinking it would be nice to be able to actually enjoy our patio for one more year. Right now we're kind-of avoiding it. I was also thinking about gettin a cot or something that I can use outside. It would be cheaper than getting a chaise lounger, and it's easier to pack up. I can paint it and throw a few outdoor-fabric-styled pillows on it and have a little outdoor retreat. I normally would use the pool, but the neighbor dogs (all three of them) that live near the pool make it hard to enjoy that particular spot because they bark all the time.

Anyway, time for bed. (Again.) Lots to plan for this week! :o)

2 comments:

April said...

Yay for vacation!! You seem like a pretty handy/crafty person. I should fly you out here so we could tackle projects together that I would love to do around here. James is not much of a help in this department!

Night Nurse said...

Hey! If we end up moving back to the midwest, I'm in! Mike hates DIY projects, too. It's more fun to do them with someone who enjoys them. :o)