Hello, dear blog readers! So, after some thinking, I've decided to revamp the patio a little bit. It was looking a little yucky--two TV tables were still out there with hookah paraphenalia (I don't know how to spell that) on them; the bike's tires are flat and collecting dust and cobwebs; most of my post are empty and there are dead leaves everywhere. I did manage to sweep off a good chunk of the patio and hose some of it down, though. And I washed all of the hookah stuff and tables and put them away, so now there's a little more room back there. I should look into getting a grill cover.
So anyway, I went to Home Depot/Lowe's/IKEA and found a little pine table at IKEA. I bought some small crown molding to put around the edge of the table, but they would't cut it to size for me at either Home Depot or Lowe's. (They must think that women are really dumb: they told me that they didn't have a saw that would cut my lumber. With a store FULL of power tools and a lumber department....Hmmm....No working saws in the store?) So I took home a little hand-held saw and cut the pieces to size and stained the table with a light cedar-colored waterproofing sealer. It looks kinda neat, but the edges on the molding are still raw. I have to figure out how to fix that; I couldn't miter the corners with a hand saw. Heck, I was lucky just to be able to saw through the stuff in a semi-straight line. Mike suggested a fine sanding paper; I might have to give that a whirl.
So anyway, I decided to do a glass mosaic on the top of the table. I was supposed to get together with a friend from church yesterday who does glasswork in her garage, but alas! She had an infected tooth, so my project is on hold at the moment. I'm okay with letting the table top and glass all hang out on the floor for the next week or two anyway; it'll be like putting together a glass puzzle. Besides, Mike is in paper-writing mode and doesn't like to be disturbed too much, so the floor is going to have to be where it stays for now.
And now, it's off to Rady Children's for the fifth time to sign a clearance to work; I do with they'd quit making mistakes on the form and get it right the first time. It takes a couple of hours out of my day just to drive down there to fix it.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment