Well, my dear blog readers, I just don't know where time goes. I'll make a few brief statements about the last few weeks.
LOVE the new job. Stressful: a little bit, but aren't all jobs when you're new? I love getting my kiddie fix.
I have been gardening on my days off in Valley Center, which is about 25 minutes from here. Our pastor's family let me have a little plot of dirt on their property to plant some tomatoes, peppers, beans, peas, and sugar beets. (I figured the gophers would eat the carrots off.)
I discovered things I really like about Valley Center. They have several different mom-and-pop produce stands along the way. There are egg farms and pick-your-own produce fields. Today I'm hoping to get some fresh strawberries. I haven't made any Pam Jam in a few years, and today I'm feeling up to the challenge.
On an unrelated topic, a coworker pointed out a cool blog yesterday that made me chuckle quite a bit. Here's the link: mycharmingkids.net. My coworker started following the story when the writer's fourth child was diagnosed as having a condition not compatible with life in the womb, but she carried him to term anyway, and he's now a happy addition to their family. There's a segment called "Not Me! Mondays" that I think all of us can relate to just a little bit now and then. Check it out.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I heard about the other blogger's son, Stellan on another blog that I read. But never clicked to read the story, just saw the link to it. How small the world is when you can get dots connected by reading other people's blogs! And good on ya for gardening and loving work!
Hi Pam! I need you to come visit so that your gardening wisdom will rub off on me! (And because we miss you.) I planted a bunch of stuff, but not much is coming up. I have a whole lot of weeds! Is there anything you can make with weeds? Pickled weeds...a tasty weed salad maybe. Stir fried weeds with an asian weed sauce...
Post a Comment