Sunday, August 9, 2009

Alas.

Well, dear blog readers, I'm horrible at electronic communications. I never realize that mere weeks (or months) have gone by and I don't update anything. Nothing new to report, though. The worms on my petunias are working really hard to eat every blossom they can, despite my best efforts and sordid attempts at chemical (and organic!) warfare.

The good news is I'm making really good progress on assembling the vintage quilt Mom sent me for Christmas last year. I'm about 3/4 done assembling the top blocks. Pictures to follow at some point when I get the whole top put together.

Mike's surgery is tomorrow. I can't believe it's already here. He's nervous, and I have to confess that as a nurse, I feel a little out of my element being nervous about surgery. It's a little different when it's your family and not a random patient. I hope I'm not the most annoying family member. Hey, at least he'll be getting 1:1 nursing care with me around! :o) And hopefully it'll get me excused from jury duty. I reported in a couple of weeks ago (went out of my way and everything to drive there) and they told me I had to come back. Oi.

So that's about it for fun and exciting news in this neck of the woods. To all of my beloved readers, thanks for bearing with me and checking in periodically.

No comments: