It's been great having extra help around the house. Mike's mom (aka "Mim") has done massive amounts of laundry (both our own and the new baby clothes). Folks at church not only threw a great shower, but some of them came to church on Sunday with 7 bags of hand-me-downs and some brand-new yard sale finds. Mim washed all of these things, sorted, and organized them. Now I just need to find a few places to put odds and ends and blankets that don't fit in the allotted baskets, etc. That being said, I think we're ready for our wee babe to come home.
In addition to being spoiled by the laundry fairy, I had a great time yesterday afternoon. Having been at the hospital over the last few weeks every day for several hours a day, we decided to cut yesterday afternoon's visit short in order to spend some time relaxing away from the NICU environment. We went up to the Emerson Winery and sat on their patio and enjoyed some great local Pinot flavors. While there, Mike formed a bond with a friend of the canine persuasion. The silly beast just LOVED him! Every time Mike would stop petting him, the dog would nuzzle his arm and stick his head in Mike's lap. Pretty funny considering that Mike has allergies to animal saliva; he had a hard time petting the dog and trying not to get drool on him.
Here are some highlights from this week. (If I can get everything to upload, that is.)
Mim and Cameron
Father and son: quality nappage
The wee fella and his car seat test (making sure he breathes while in his seat for an hour)
Cameron's hotel room. For all you NICU folks, private rooms are GREAT from a parent standpoint!
Cameron in Crab Alley (just in case you can't hear the neighbor baby screeching in the background)
A fun toy that Mike found in Newport. It makes us laugh every time we set it off.
Well, dear blog readers, I was unable to upload photos of the winery or of our canine company, but hopefully at least most of my uploading will be viewable! Happy blogging!
Well, dear blog readers, I was unable to upload photos of the winery or of our canine company, but hopefully at least most of my uploading will be viewable! Happy blogging!



1 comment:
He is so sweet and alert...I so hope you get to take him home soon...I remember waiting to take Amy home..we waited 9 days....blessings
Post a Comment