Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend Updates

Hello, dear blog readers! Updates this week: hubby got a new c-pap machine! This means less interrupted sleep (quieter room) for me! Hooray! While he was away having his sleep study, I took the liberty of lighting our household candles. For some reason, I love the way they look, and thought I'd try out the camera in darker settings. (After looking at these, I'm resolved to figure out why I can't seem to take pictures that aren't a little fuzzy.)

Also, Hubby had to preach down in Roseburg today. Since this commute is a couple of hours, we took up the offer from one of the congregants to stay at their guest residence. We had a great time! If we're as active and young-looking at their age, we'll be doing really well.

The service was followed by a potluck. Let me say that I love potlucks! Not always for the food, but for the great fellowship. I felt bad that we didn't know about it ahead of time, but there were apparently plenty of great things there for us to eat without contributing. We also had a chance while we were down in the area to visit one of the local, non-commercial wineries. It's really hard to live anywhere in western OR without wanting to take pictures. Here are a few more of the scenes around Roseburg.






No comments: