Hello, dear blog readers! I have to say: if I could make traveling with a baby into an analogy, I would say that it is like...well, having a baby. There is the strong desire to go see family and friends. But UGH! What a pain to get there! The destination is always worth it. Time with family is always worth it.
That said, the flights are like the actual act of laboring a baby. The "labor" of traveling is awful. When your baby cries for 3.5 hours out of 4, you wonder why you ever bothered to book that flight. You jostle and cajole and feed, and yet nothing seems to help. People are looking around in annoyance, and I can't blame them. I've been there. You think, "What was I thinking?" Or, you look at your wonderful sweet spouse and think, "This is all YOUR fault!"
And then, you get to where you're going, and you think, "Ah! This isn't so bad! We could do this again sometime!" Just like childbirth.
On another topic, 3.5 hours into our flight, I remembered that I had ibuprofen in the diaper bag. Hello, wonder drug! (At least for teething babies.) During the last half hour or so of the flight, we went from shrieking babe to Mr. Docile, Charming, and Smiley all rolled into one little wiggly bundle. Why I didn't think to dose him with it before getting on the plane, I'll never know. I can guarantee I won't travel without it again...at least, not for a while.
Happy Thursday, dear blog readers!
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment