Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Festivities

Hello, dear blog readers! Well, after suffering weeks of blogger's block, I guess I'll report on Monday's activities.

I had a bit of a dilemma: for my birthday, my hubby and mom signed me up for a class on using the long-arm Gammill quilter in McMenville. There was also trick-or-treating downtown Corvallis in the afternoon. I wasn't sure whether or not I'd make it back in time to take Big C. out for the day, but not to worry: the class ran over and I didn't get a chance to scrounge up a costume.

I have to say: I felt a little lame this year not hunting down a cute costume for Little Fella. I figured that in a pinch, I'd dress him up in sports clothing and he could got as an Avid Sports Fan. I don't know how well that would fly with the well-costumed minions, but it would have been something Fan could have worn without trying to take off the decorative effects.

So, on top of the class, Hubby and Fan surprised me by meeting me for a late lunch when the class got out. Unbeknownst to us, the McMenville township was having their downtown trick-or-treating festivities as well. Since it let loose with a bit of a deluge for a while, we sat inside the old Hotel Mcmenamin's for hot soup, coffee, and sandwiches. Sports Fan, while clueless to trick-or-treating, nevertheless did not miss out on gaping, gawking, and pointing out the costumes of other customers that came into the restaurant. He was completely fascinated. I'm definitely going to have to come up with a costume for him next year.

In the meantime, here are some shots from the class. (Hubby took the liberty of using a cell phone during our working phase.)


So much for uncorrupted files. Oh well. You can still get the general idea about halfway through the clip.

No comments: