Saturday, November 19, 2011

One of those days...

Hello, dear blog readers! I don't know how many of you are familiar with Maxine from the Shoebox Greeting Card department, but I'll wager most of you have seen this curly-haired goofball in the card aisle scowling at you while you pass by. There was a card that I once read that stated, "When life hands you lemons, tuck 'em inside your bra. Who knows: couldn't hurt. Might actually help."

An unusual take, but nevertheless, an alternative to "making lemonade."

So what does one do on a rainy week while Big C. wanders around howling due to getting multiple molars (seemingly, anyway) at the same time? 1) Empty the freezer of stuff that really needs to be used. Yesterday I made chicken soup from scratch when a friend suggested I save an old chicken carcass for stock. Yum! 2) Put Unhappy Toodler (our varient of "toddler") to bed at 5:30 instead of 6:00 and sadly, forget about girls' movie night. Lucky for me, it worked: he slept until almost 9:00 this morning, and already today we have a MUCH happier person, although still with a low-grader fever. The drooling, runny nose, and throwing up with crying are gone for the moment. 3) Rejoice that the new computer scheduling system at work merely caused a bug in the system, and I get BOTH Christmas Eve and Christmas day off of work for the first time in six years. And here I thought I was going to have to work again! 4) Clean the bathrooms. My LEAST favorite--and probably one of the most necessary--jobs around here. Right along with regularly doing the dishes. 5) Transition all of the baby stuff out of the bedroom into the office, move the office stuff (or part of it) into the bedroom, and move the temporary home office/computer off of the kitchen table into the new "office" in the bedroom. That's right, ladies and gentlemen! For the first time in a year, we don't have to worry about waking the babe to go into the office to get something or to do something! There is something daunting about "spring" cleaning but I am always glad when it accomplishes something.

Anyway, all of that to say that there's not a lot of new fun things to report this week. I hope this Saturday finds you all doing well and enjoying your mornings...Or afternoons, depending on where you live.

Someone had asked for a picture of the completed quilt. I STILL haven't finished the binding on it yet (I have little fingers that LOVE to pull off the loose threads around the edges), but here it a photo of it while it was loaded on the longarm. You get the idea....

1 comment:

Auntie Kates said...

Pam, that is absolute beautiful!!! I can't wait to see a picture of it finished!