Hello, dear blog readers. I have to admit: this morning I was waking up with the prayer on my lips: "Dear Lord, help me to make it just through the next five minutes." I was thinking back on a time when I was in nursing school, had just been diagnosed with diabetes, had some CRAZY exams to pull off, and my grandfather died.
This sort of discouragement has riddle me. All. Day. Long. Two kids with either a cold and/or teething for Baby A. (Who is almost NOT a baby anymore.) At least 8 diarrhea diapers changed today. Mucho whining and crying was heard throughout the house. In the times when they WERE down for a nap, I found myself thinking about the second period of spousal unemployment in the last 12 months.
I LOVE these little people. I'm not writing to discuss my distress in parenting. I'm not for one MOMENT sorry that I had either one of them. I think some (if not all of you who are parents) can relate to this. Some days you're just doing what you can to make sure everyone gets to bed fed and not dead, meaning that you prevented them from accidentally jumping on each other in a fatal way, from swallowing larger-than-necessary objects, etc. If they can go to bed NOT having been exterminated, than I've accomplished my REAL work for the day.
I write this in on the eve of several job interviews in a row.
Today, I must admit, I'm feeling distressed that I'm having to interview (and most likely will be successful given my extensive background and experience) while my husband keeps looking for gainful employment. He's very talented at what he does; unfortunately, he cannot compete with a computer "brain" that determines whether or not he is qualified to work at a specific field.
I had to stop myself this evening in delving deeply into self-pity. I was listening to a Dave Ramsey archived episode, and I realized how good I really DO have it.
1) If one of us HAS to be unemployed, at least I have the back-up income to pay the bills as a registered nurse. While I do not particularly relish the thought of going back to it after being a stay-at-home mom, at least we have the option.
2) Hubby has several people with whom he's been able to network. Even if the "fiscal cliff" continues beyond the budgetary panic of March 1st, eventually he WILL be able to be hired by someone out there.
3) We ALL have our health. I'm so THANKFUL for this. And, I'm THANKFUL that we have a paid-for roof over our heads and for a tax refund that couldn't have come along ata better time. No one in this household (at least as far as we know) is battling cancer or some other MAJOR health disaster.
4) Even if we DID have these things, I trust that there is a God out there who loves us, who would help us to bear through this come bad health or death, and who would continue to bring glory to Himself through these events. I have to say, though, that I'm SO glad that at least at this moment (us selling off our furniture, knick-knacks, etc.) that we do NOT have cancer or some other life-threatening disease in the middle of this financial crisis. I praise Him that in His mercy, we're not battling life-threatening diseases while dealing with the rest of this stuff that we're in right now.
All of this reminds me that this life is SO short. Physically, I get exhausted about thinking about going back to work and raising kids all at the same time. I'm praying att his point simply to have the physical stamina to pull this off. But, we have to do what we have to do, and I really DO believe that the Lord is not going to leave us "stranded" through this process, and it'll be interesting to see where we end up a year from now. (I know we said that last year, and while it's been tumultuous, we're in a better place than we were even then.)
Please keep praying for us, dear blog readers. We need it, especially on an emotional and mental level. Please pray for physical endurance for me. While the thyroid surgery has made a HUGE difference in my life, I'm still tired just thinking about what's ahead of us.
Happy Tuesday to you all!
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment