Darn. After I typed the title, my computer told me that I already had a blog post titled "late night musings." Oh well. It's the truth!
So, dear blog readers, we are entering the home stretch. Approximately 9 or 10 more days to go, give or take a day. Time for me to start planning the trip back to CA! I can't believe the summer is almost over. Tonight we had the privilege of dining with family at an Italian restaurant. I don't care how bad the Italian food can get, even the bad Italian food beats the Dutch "delicacies" hands down.
I was pretty pleased with myself tonight when I filled up on the antipasti and salad and soup. Not to mention chianti! By the time my entre came to the table, I was completely full. When I checked my blood sugar after eating, it was normal, so now I treat myself to a Fannie Mae Trinidad chocolate before going to bed. Mmmmmmm.....
I have to confess it's hard being diabetic sometimes. Sometimes I crave eating lots of patas, rice, etc. Occasionally sweets, too, although there are a lot of low-sugar things out there now-a-days. Edy's no-sugar-added ice cream ROCKS!!! Moose tracks was one of my personal faves, and I am happy to report that Edy's has "Fudge Tracks," which is a no-sugar-added version. Mmmmm.....AND, I don't feel guilty eating it!
Not much new to report. Mike's internship has gone really, REALLY well this summer. We hope to take a church call and/or year-long internship here in the midwest after he graduates. It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out!
Lots of love to my fellow blog-readers and foodies!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hello!! Hope all is going well.. make sure you read my blog soon!! ;)
Post a Comment