Hello, dear blog readers! I was thinking about it this morning, and it seems like every year around the time the weather starts to cool down, I bust out my cookware to make roasts, pumpkin stuff, etc. It's that time of year again, and the cooking bug is back!
I decided that since I'm merely an amateur with a huge interest in cooking, it would be fun to take a class. I was thrilled to find that we had a Sur La Table over in Carlsbad. They have cooking classes several nights a week, but now I'm having a tough time deciding which to choose. Stuffed Ravioli? That sounds like a fun one. (Ravioli happens to be on my menu today...Thanks, Sarah, I'll let you know how it turns out!) Pasta classes? Quick meal tips?
I'm thinking about taking the basic knife course. I'm slowly but surely working on finishing the collection of knives for my wooden block, but I have to admit that aside from basic chopping (and even my skill in that is pretty "dicey," ha ha,) my overall talent is lacking. They have courses to show you the basic cutting techniques for basic foods, veggies, etc. Their level 2 course shows you how to take larger cuts of meat so that you can basically finish "butchering" your own, which saves money at the meat counter. I actually would really like to learn these things....
That and making soup. Another food sort that I haven't mastered, although I do have a good recipe (thanks, Jennifer!) for spinach tortellini soup. Mike loves it; it has spice Italian sausage in it. Yay!
Well, folks, now that I'm thinking about food, it's time to go find some breakfast.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment