Monday, October 13, 2008

Updates from the Night Folks

Hola, dear blog readers. Long time no update. Well, in truth, I really don't have much new to report. Still working nights. Mike has gotten thoroughly addicted to two things since quitting smoking: 1) Robert Jordan novels and 2) his PS3 machine with the "Elder Scrolls Oblivion" game. It's actually been a good thing for both of us, because now that I can't watch much TV, I've gotten several household projects finished, including my quilt. The binding is officially sewn into place, just in time for the cool season to hit.

This semester, I think I have more energy in general thanks to synthroid and more routine exercise. It turns out my overall glucose control has not changed, but my other labs are more normal, which means I don't have to sleep 12-14 hours a day anymore to feel rested. Hooray! More time in the kitchen! I love cooking. I'm thinking about investing in one or two good stovetop frying pans. My older ones have been much abused and the teflon is starting to wear off, but they have lasted me nine years. I've been thinking about getting into soups, too, now that it's fall.

Speaking of fall, I kinda miss having the leaves turn different colors. Here, there are a couple of trees whose leaves turn plain brown and that's about it. Oh well. At least it's cool enough we don't have to run the AC a lot, which helps with the power bill.

Well, dear blog readers, that's about all for now.

1 comment:

April said...

I am soooo in the mood for making soups too! I have yet to do any but a pumpkin soup sounds absolutely amazing to me right now. I am ready for the coolness of the weather to set in, it was 80 degrees the past few days so we did have to run the AC unfortunately. Yay for getting projects done! I have a list of stuff I would love to get done, once I stop working its time to tackle them!