So, dear blog readers, some of you have been calling/e-mailing to find out how the new job is working out. This last week, we had three full days of general hospital orientation. They had some full sessions of discussion on child abuse, trauma (physical and emotional), and sexual predators/how to screen for them at work. Seriously, it's really, REALLY scary out there! Even Rady Children's had two predators arrested in 2006 right before we moved here for having several pictures of child porn on their cell phone cameras to home computers. Not to mention the possible molestation that took place that the kids aren't fessing up. All very difficult topics of discussion; I have to say that I was completely wiped out the last few evenings of coming home.
The bright side is that we don't see that sort of behavior often in NICU. On a brighter note, we had class for part of the day today with the NICU educator. I'm really starting to think that I'm going to love this job! I haven't been this excited about a job since my first day at Rush. I really think this is going to be a positive change. Being up during the day certainly helps. Plus, I have one month of nights between now and November....That means 5 months of being up during the day! (Nights will be mid-July through mid-August.)
I also got my weekend shift and holiday schedule already, so I can tell everyone that I've been assigned to work Christmas (what else is new?), but I don't have to work any Thanksgiving or New Year's shifts. (And I have Christmas Eve off.) Nice, huh?
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Awesome!! I am soooo happy that you are able to work days for the majority of the time. What a blessing! It will be nice for you and Mike since this will be his last year and you both can spend more time together (and hopefully get to do fun things before you leave!). Yay for new jobs!!
Post a Comment