So, dear blog readers, while I was preparing tonight's cuisine (leftover General Tso's chicken ready-made from Safeway...Did I even spell that right?) and Cheese-its, I noticed some odd-looking bug parts on the floor under the dishwasher. A while back, a large spider had escaped being smashed by scurrying under there. Well, today there were at least four dead spiders/corpses strung around in a dusty old web, and a very large dead spider curled up on the floor. (Might I add that my house is NEVER this dirty, ha ha?) I have to admit that having an irrational fear of spiders, I didn't know whether to feel creeped out or grateful for whichever spider killed all the others of his ilk.
Then, the other morning, I got up around 4:00 am to feed LB. In one corner of the living room, I noticed another huge spider. I set the babe down and went for some Kleenex, but the critter had vanished. Then, about 5 minutes later in the opposite corner of the room, I noticed a dark spot on the carpet. A leaf, I thought, blown inadvertently through the front door earlier in the day. Wrong! After glancing down at LB and looking back up again, it too was gone. When I had finished feeding LB, I set him down. When I stood up, large spider (albeit smaller than the first one that had vanished) had parked himself about a foot away from my feet. Again, I went for the Kleenex and again, the little devil scurried to safety under the couch.
Now, that isn't all. After I finished pumping about 15 minutes later, I was walking into the kitchen. On the door jam (opposite side of the room of the first two arachnids), the largest spider I've seen yet in the apartment appeared on the door. He had just sauntered in from the outside. Fortunately I managed to corner it, and after five attempts at smashing it, I managed to complete my deed.
My husband always says that for every spider you see, there are probably five that you don't see. Having seen several in the last few days, I don't know that it's much of a comfort. Fortunately for me, the sweet man went out and we declared chemical warfare around the outside door jam and window sills. Today I haven't seen any of the creepy-crawlies, although time will tell how successful we are.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment