Friday, April 6, 2012

Baby News!

Hello, dear blog readers! So between having a baby (Aaaagh!) and packing up to move, blogging has fallen by the wayside. I thought I'd post some of our phone photos since I haven't had a chance to go through the ones on the camera yet.

Baby A. arrived 8 days ago, weighing in at 7 lbs-6 oz and a lengthy 20.5 inches long. The labor/delivery went very well, and so far she's been a VERY mellow child, which is something of a huge relief for us given the nature of our current situation!

 Last night she managed to find her thumb-pacifier.

 Is it me, or does she look like Grandma Mim?
Folks are asking about how Toodler is handling having a sister. Initially, he looked at her with a sort of disinterested skepticism. He looked a bit surprised when we left the hospital with her. For the first couple of days at home, he ignored her completely. Two days ago he came by while she was on my lap and offered her a "high five," and then on he went on his merry way. Last night while he thought I wasn't looking, he tried to kiss her cheek. Today he's been all about watching diaper changes and talking to her while the changes are taking place. A bit of whining aside, he treats her well.

 Mostly he just played with the balloons and various room goodies while he visited.


3 comments:

Carrie said...

Awww, she's adorable! I can't wait to meet her (before you take her away.) So happy to see a little update, for us non-Facebook sorts! ;)

Jane in TX said...

AJ is BEAUTIFUL!!! So precious... Toodler will be a wonderful big brother.

Auntie Kates said...

Pam, she is absolutely beautiful!