Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hello, dear blog readers! We survived the move to live another day! Details of the move I will leave out: the airport experience was painful. Can I just say: now that we're moved, I don't know what the Blogger/Google people are psyching me out a bit. I'm not terribly computer savvy to begin with, but today I am having extreme difficulty just pulling up the "real" blog screen look that I know and love. For today, I will not be updating any outdated blinkies, page attractions, etc.

So! Here we are....In roasty-toasty North Carolina! It's still really hard to believe, unless you look around the house and see nothing but a card table, two folding chairs, and a box of kiddie toys with the toys mostly scattered about the otherwise empty floor. Not that I'm complaining; it's nice for Toodler to have some open space to run since it's about 90 degrees outside.

My camera is packed, so I don't have any new house pictures to post. Unfortunately, we are also in the middle of also transitioning phone carriers since the phone service is so bad, and if I haven't made it clear before about the whole not-electronically-inclined bit, I can't even seem to figure out how to use the iPhone most of the time, so e-mailing phone photos will be up and coming as well.

Did I mention that the movers will be taking about two weeks longer than planned to get here? Apparently they had to find a second driver, who happened to be loading trucks in CA yesterday. Oh well; we're really getting to understand what it means to live on very little. The sad fact of that is that yes, one really CAN live on almost nothing (not including groceries, that is!). We've been getting very creative with what sorts of cookware implements we can repurpose for other things. For example: a saucepan and sieve make very fine "cowboy coffee" when boiled on the stove top.

I WILL get pictures on here eventually!

Life with two children has been a great adjustment. Any days of howling, inconsolable little people I can simply blame on the move. Toodler seems to FINALLY be getting into some sort of sleep pattern at night, although his nap time(s) during the day are completely goofed, but hopefully that will improve in the next week or so.

Anyway, dear blog readers, the little wiggly pink person on my lap is needing to be fed. More post-move adventures to follow on the blog another day.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You are there!!! It's good to see an update (of any sort.) And you have our great sympathies in not having your regular cookware/stuff when you move! (Maybe it's something about the boxes that you packed your stuff into? Maybe they were CURSED! ;D Ahhh, we'll be praying that it's all delivered SOON! And that the children sleep well in the meantime!

Jane in TX said...

I'm glad you are in your NC home...now it's a matter of getting settled--with 2 precious little ones. Take your time. Love, Jane #2