Friday, June 22, 2012

Another Day....

Hello, dear blog readers! Not only am I suffering from writer's block these days, but apparently I am suffering from yard block as well as mover's block. One of our yard-savvy neighbors approached me the other night to discuss the weed patch that is the rear "lawn." Our landlord had apparently tried to seed a sand patch to grass with little success before we got here. I have taken centipede grass (which, by the way, acts as an invasive weed if not monitored carefully) and "transplanted" offending tendrils and roots into the back yard....Actually, it's a lot like hair plugs. Same concept. Try and cover the bald spots. They haven't taken off yet, but I am optimistic. Since we have a barrel push mower, I have to use a weed-eater to trim the weeds since our mower won't cut them. Due to the daunting task, I have more or less let the back lawn go a bit since I can't really be out there with Toodler running around on the loose. He can get out of the pack and play, so that's not a great option anymore either.

For those of you interested in the moving saga, our claim is STILL pending. I've put in calls to the moving van lines and have not heard back from them yet. I have about ten-twelve boxes whose contents are homeless due to a shortage of places to put them. The garage floor gets wet when it rains, so we're getting creative when it comes to places to put unopened boxes.

Toodler is progressing on singing his alphabet and "Jesus Loves Me." Sometimes he gets the two mixed up and one can often hear him combining lines from both songs into one. It's hilarious, but heartwarming.

Time to go, dear blog readers! Apparently Hubby's class got out early today. Time to hang out! Happy Friday to you all!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Man, your neighbors REALLY CARE about your lawn, don't they?!

Night Nurse said...

They are all retirees. And we live next to a golf course. At least I know I don't have the most overgrown lawn on the street-they're reporting that guy to the HOA. :)