Monday, June 25, 2012

Catching Up

Hello, dear blog readers! The kids are sleeping after a VERY long day of being up since 6:00 am and after getting vaccinated. (Or, at least, Smalls got vaccinated. Toodler was just traumatized that it wasn't HIS turn.) The dishwasher is running. The yard is growing away without pruning, but I figure it's hot, so I'm not going to prune in the heat of the day. Instead, I'm going to post some pictures!!



So these are a little overdue now that summer is in full swing, but I thought I'd put these up anyway. About a week and a half or so before Smalls was born, it snowed. A very, very heavy snow. Unusual for Oregon kind of snow. Several of our cherry trees snapped or fractured, but the snow was beautiful and at least made for great pictures. I get the feeling it'll be the last time we see real snow for a long time.

 Here are some delivery pictures of Smalls. Initially she didn't want to cry, but once she got started with a whiff of air puffed in her face, she really took to it. Funny how mewling is natural to little people. Stats: weight was 7 lbs 6 oz. (I think. I'm still looking for her birth paperwork. I'm hoping it's not in one of our missing boxes.) Length: 21 inches. As of today, she's nicely tracking on the 50th percentile for weight (12 lbs 14 oz) and is now 24 inches long (75th percentile). It's nice to have a child that eats well!

 My nurse Susan (left) and midwife Clare (right), who helped me have a great delivery!

 The Easter Dress, purchased at a consignment/second-hand store in Corvallis. It was hard to get a straight shot since she was very wiggly.


I haven't gotten the 2-month photos uploaded yet, but those will soon be here as well.

More to come of a trip to the zoo and to the beach, as well as our attempt to play in the club house swimming pool. Happy Monday, dear blog readers!

No comments: