Monday, November 19, 2007

Tag!

Ok, so now that I finally realize I've been tagged, here are my responses. If there are typos, well, I had my eyes dilated this morning at my checkup. Gotta love it when that happens. I'm sitting in the living room with all the lights off. Fun fun.

1) 3 names I go by (can this include names I've gone by?)
a)Pam G.: courtesy of the girls at work. Yup, they have to differentiate me from two other Pams.
b)Spam: The kids at school. Big surprise and lots of brain power there to figure that one out.
c)Fred-face: a name I had as an infant/toddler that followed me through most of my childhood by family and friends of my parents. I don't quite get how they came up with that one. I don't think Mom even knows.

2) 3 things I am wearing now:
a)Sweater: it was cold and foggy this morning but now it's like 70-something again
b)Pants (always a good thing)
c)Inserted plastic sunglasses thingies from the optometrist's office. Again. Can't see very well.

3) 3 things I would want from a relationship: (I feel I already have these with my marriage, but it's good with friends too)
a) Easy laughter or times of comfortable quiet
b) Spontenaity (can't see if I spelled that correctly)
c) Confirmation that I'm not a complete wreck or someone who has lost their appeal even if I feel like one. It's easy to feel that way on nights.

4) 3 favorite things to do:
a) Sleep. Can't seem to get enough.
b) Fine dining on the rare occasion of going out or being able to cook
c) Cuddling on Ghee's shoulder on the couch while watching a good movie.

5) 3 things I want badly now:
a) Kids. Worth the wait, I'm sure.
b) Regular, decent health. Seriously! I got sent home early this morning for really high blood sugars which resulted in dizziness and nausea. Doesn't seem to be affected by what I eat or what I don't. No MD answers. Very frustrating!
c) To be able to quit working, especially nights. Probably not going to happen for a while.

6) 3 longest car rides:
a) Bozeman, MT to Cheyenne when I was 8. My very first out of state trip!
b) Bozeman, MT to Miami and back when I was 12. Phew! Talk about family bonding!
c) Can't think of others aside from those. Everything else pales.

7) 3 favorite holidays:
a) The ones I DON'T have to work
b) I'd have to say Christmas and Thanksgiving, although these last few years I've had to work and we don't have any family out here, so maybe Labor Day this year.
c) Seriously. Can't think of anything else. How bad is that??

8) 3 favorite beverages:
a) Orfila's Tawny Port
b) Orfila's Viognier (they took a gold medal award in Bordeaux, France this year!)
c) An americana from Starbucks, or maybe a good glass of cold water when I'm really, really thirsty.

9) 3 things you may not have known about me: (This is the dull part because I can't really think of anything that most people don't already know...)
a) My skills don't reflect it now, but in high school I took Level 1 awards four years in a row for solo piano performance and started writing music when I was 17. Not sure what to do with that, though. I'd make a great P&W pianist in a band....Ha ha.
b) My only surgery involved a snowmobiling accident where the snowmobile rolled overtop of me and I broke my leg and tore up my knee, but wasn't aware of it for about a month. (A pinched Sciatic nerve will hide a lot of things.)
c) My first (and fortunately last) car accident involved hitting a cop. Whoops. (The investigating officer said that it was the cop's fault, though, so I felt better.)

10) 3 jobs I have had:
a) Cleaning hotel rooms for a summer (and ONLY for a summer!)
b) Planting in a greenhouse for a coupld of summers
c) Babysat/nannied 5 kids AND cleaned their house a few days a week for $2.50/hr. Not fun.

11) 3 movies I could watch over and over:
a) The Shawshank Redemption
b) Memoirs of a Geisha
c) Lately, Batman Begins
d) I have to add just one more: Hero with Jet Li. (Lee?) Good stuff.

12) 3 placed I have lived:
a) Bozeman, MT
b) Chicago, IL and suburbs thereof
c) Southern California.

13) 3 favorite foods:
a) Really good ravioli.
b) Sushi. I seriously could eat it just about every day of the week.
c) A nice, juice, tender cut of Filet Mignon. Mmmmmmmmmm....

14) 3 placed I'd rather be now:
a) in bed
b) in Chicago
c) on a beach somewhere. (Isn't it sad that I've only been to the beach here once?)

Ok. Sorry about the length, but I can't answer questions in general without some sort of commentary. And so, dear blog readers, goodnight and good luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw gee. That was nice!! MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA???? Sounds like a movie I need to see! Maybe you can go to the beach some Monday with Mike and just take a nice walk. Even in the cold, the beach is wonderful and refreshing to something inside. Not sure of the theology on that..... It won't cost anything except the gas to get there. And I am the only one who calls you Pammy?

G4and2Cats said...

Yeay!!! Go Pam! I'm glad you finally posted your "Tag" because I thought you weren't going to do it because Ghee thought it was sinful in some way or something to blog that much about oneself. Whew. Just my imagination running away with me! :) Miss you and wish we could see you for the Holdidays this year!