Friday, February 15, 2008

The Good News!

Well, dear blog readers, for the first time since Christmas, I had an EXCEPTIONALLY good night at work last night! I really enjoyed my patients for the most part, and I the load was not out of line. Plus, the atmosphere on the unit was pretty jovial.

I've decided that Californians are pretty funny people. Last night it got down into the 30's. Several nurses came into work this morning complaining of arthritis to such lengths that you would have thought they had it worse than those in a place like Chicago with its winter winds and snow. They were talking about driving on "black ice," which out here is really just a skiff of frost on the road. In fairness to them, it CAN be occasionally slick on the road.

That being said, as I was driving home from work pondering my good fortune and blessing and overall relief that I had a good night, I was involved in a car accident. Wa wa waaaaahhhh. The lady who collided with me is a nurse that I work with in the peds unit on occasion. We were going uphill when someone in the front of the line made the brilliant decision to stop suddenly just over the crest where none of the rest of us could see what was going on. While must of us came to a sudden slow-down, the girl behind me didn't see that we were all stopped and she hit the back of my car. (The "black ice" of San Diego has struck again.)

Now that we've got our insurances sorted out and her car has been towed away, and now that I've had time to come home and try to relax, I've decided that Ghee is going to take me to Urgent Care for whiplash.

But, what a great night! And I've taken the liberty of calling into work since I'm already up past my bedtime anyway. AND, to boot, my Penzey's Spices order came in the mail yesterday!! I can hardly wait to try out my new herbs and goodies.

Oh yeah. And while I'm waiting for Ghee to shower, I finished our state tax return. Yay! So all in all, I can't complain. Life is pretty good right about now. No jack-ups on our car insurance since I wasn't at fault, the car gets fixed by her insurance, we get a tax refund, and I get a night off. What could be better? (Aside from having an injured bumper?)

No comments: