So rather than bore you with more horrid tales of the graveyard shift, dear bloggers, I'll fill you in on what some of our nurses were up to last night in order to create a more "positive environment" on the unit.
After having a particularly stressful night with very unhappy patients being doubled up after delivery, I went assist with a delivery. The doctor, nurses, patient and her spouse, the respiratory therapist, and the NICU charge nurse were all looking at me strangely. However, I didn't notice for long because the baby needed our attention. (This happened just after 4:00 this morning.) After the delivery, I came out to the nurses' station to chart. People were very giggly. I thought, hmmm.....But I figured I must have missed some sort of inside joke that was lost on me.
At 7:00 this morning, after encountering most of the nurses' unit and many a patient with family, someone finally had the courtesy of telling me that I had a note stuck to my back that said "Rear Explosion." I was so embarrassed, and after all the stress we've had lately that I was laughing and crying at the same time upon hearing the news. It was probably good for me to laugh and shed some tears.
Ahhhhhh.....Only a few more months to go.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wah Wah Waaaaah. Aaw Gee that's mean.
Post a Comment