So, dear blog readers, I have a bad case of "nesting syndrome." Usually it hits pregnant women before the baby is born. I happen to know 13 pregnant friends at this time, so I figure some of their ambition has rubbed off on me. (You know who y'all are; what have you all been eating???)
Actually, my "getting down to business" with cleaning the house and cars is due in large part to being excited about our internship this summer. After my power-cleaning of my kitchen appliances the other day, I decided it was time to tackle the cars. So, on Friday, I washed, waxed, and detail-cleaned my car. Yay! I was so pleased; it was buffed to a high shine for all of about 5 minutes. And then the winds whipped up, and so did the rain. Alas. But, at least it's clean for the summer so that our friends Bruce and Deborah don't have to babysit a filthy car.
Then, this morning, I figured it was time to do Mike's car since I haven't cleaned it since we bought it two years ago. (Parenthetically, I think we paid someone else to do it once or twice.) :o) So, away I went (again) to the car wash. This time, I had a much harder time cleaning the grit off of the paint. I don't think I'll ever want to own a white car again. Much to my chagrin, I was drying it off when I noticed several spots of egg on the top and hood of the car. Very small pieces, mind you; it's probably why my hubby or I didn't notice them when the incident occurred. Apparently our car was next to someone else's vehicle that had been egged, and ours was hit with the high-velocity yolk spatter. Alas. Can't keep a nice car nice for very long. Oh well. The last time our car was egged, it got the full brunt of the little punks in the neighborhood, but we noticed it right away within the hour and took it to the wash, so our paint job was at least spared of that tragedy.
Now both cars are waxed and clean. The day had promising signs of sunshine, but we are officially in May Gray season here in San Diego. It looks like it might rain. Oh well. Maybe the dirt/rain spots will hide the egg on the car.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment