Good morning, dear blog readers! Have you ever had those moments where you find yourself standing in a scene that resembles something out of a movie? Over the last couple of days, I had two incidents that gave me pause to think that perhaps I should join the industry of special effects creation for low-budget horror flicks.
The other night, we were at our friends' house and there were two unopened bottles of Charles Schwab (aka Two-Buck-Chuck) on the table. Someone tried opening it but wasn't sure how to use the corkscrew. During their efforts to get the bottle open, the top of the cork popped off. Alas. So, I attempted to use the corkscrew to remove the remainder of the cork. Instead of cooperating, however, the cork decided to basically perform a move like that of a cannon shot directly into the wine below. The pressure of this little blast caused wine to go shooting all over the three of us standing at the counter. It was literally ALL OVER us, the kitchen, running down the cupboards, the walls, etc. It looked like a murder scene. Never let it be said that you can't take in alcohol through mucous membranes, because I'm pretty sure I got a healthy dose right in the left eyeball.
Then, last night, (actually about an hour ago, which is why I'm up early,) I was sound asleep dreaming happy thoughts when I felt something lightly brushing my face. Hmmmmm....I groaned. Must get more sleep! It happened again, this time over my lips. I pryed open a reluctant eyeball to spot a moth that had decided I was a good spot to land. After some frantic swatting at the little pest, I decided all hope was lost for getting more shut-eye, so here I am. I was just really glad there wasn't more than one. My efforts to rid ourselves of just the one were enough for me to scare my poor hubby.
On that note, the horrors being over for now, I must continue to do laundry in preps of leaving today. Bon Jour, dear blog readers!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I like how you said Bon Jour (Hello) at the END of your blog! Yeee-Hee! You're funny Pammy!
Post a Comment