Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hoping for the unknown

Hello, dear blog readers! Currently, we are privileged to have one Geoffrey Beabout hanging out on our couch with my hubby. The two of them are playing Geoff's x-box 360 with the game Elder Scrolls, a fantasy-quest game. They seem to be having a great time. I got put on standby for work tonight, which means that if I don't get called in by 11:00, I will be scott-free and can have myself a glass of wine. Yay!

I'm still hoping for a job this summer. So far I've had a few dead-ends and phone tag. A hospital up in Libertyville has a position open 5 evenings a week, and that would include about a 45-minute drive without traffic. I also contacted Alexian Brothers (for those of you who are familiar with the NW Chi-town Burbs) to see if they would hire me on as staff for the summer. Please keep praying for me, dear bloggers. It's kinda hard planning a cross-county internship with no job lined up yet.

On the upside of this situation, I only have about 3 more weeks of work to go! We'll probably leave San Diego on the 3rd of June more or less. Yay! I love road trips.

In other news, spring fever (or, in SoCal, it's more like Summer Fever) is hitting me. I went to the public library this week and signed myself up in order to check out some gardening books. I figured that since I don't want to plant much before we leave for the summer, I can at least read about gardening. I am currently reading "The Enchanted April" by Elizabeth Von Arnim. I also picked out an interesting read on the Impressionist painters and their gardens that inspired their works. Monet's gardens were/still are incredible!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pam, you know there are a few spots here where some things (flowers, most likely) can be planted. We can feed your need for growing things right here in Elk Grove.
And I am certain you will find a job once you are here.
Love,
Duke

Night Nurse said...

Thanks, Duke! I'll have to take along the basil that April sent me for my birthday....

Night Nurse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.