Okay, dear blog readers, before I get into my "Morning Mode Musings," I would just like to update everyone about the job situation. The story is that I had a very short interview...Somewhere in the realm of about 20-25 minutes. It was beat only by my interview at Palomar two years ago with an interview less than 20 minutes flat followed by a job offer right there in the office. Anyway, I left Children's feeling like I didn't somehow do a good job and that maybe the interview was so short because they weren't interested. And then, 45 minutes later (before I even was back in Escondido), the nurse recruiter from HR called and offered me a position. That's the good news. The bad news is the jury is still out on whether it will be a start date of November 3rd or next year in May. (They only hire twice a year for new-to-NICU RNs.) So that's the latest and greatest. I guess they already made their quotas of job offers for the fall, but not everyone has accepted their offers.
Secondly, I will do my best to catch Mike on the scooter. Yesterday was the first time he test-rode it around town to and from school. So hopefully, by Friday, I will have some snapshots of our newest Evil Gheeneeval.
Now for the peeves.
1) Fruit flies. I don't know from whom we received our newest infestation, but I suspect it is because I've been buying a lot more fresh produce than is usual for us now that I know it is cheaper at Trader Joe's. I've been hiding a fair amount of it in the fridge and taking out the trash diligently. The joke in our household has become that no glass of wine is complete without a gnat in it. The little boogers! Every night at dinner, there are one or two that constantly are in the face, hovering over the plate, etc. but they're darn near impossible to catch sometimes! Last night, Mike sipped his wine over the course of about an hour and by the end of that time, he had 3 bugs in his beverage. I figured I'd get one over on them by leaving a small amount of boxed wine (ah ha! It has multiple purposes!) on the table. Needless to say, this morning, there are NO flies in the wine. It must be that they solely exist for landing in whatever we're going to ingest. Oh well. Mike says a little protein never hurt anybody; I say I am suspicious of potential disease-carriers.
2) Cushy toilet seats. Can I hear an amen, folks? Here is my reasoning for why cushy toilet seats should just go away. First of all, they have porous surfaces that attract grime and are almost impossible to keep thoroughly clean. Secondly, when you sit on them, sometimes it's easy to lose circulation in the legs because you "sink" down onto the toilet. Thirdly, when they get old, the "cush" material starts to crack and peel, and has been known to cause scratching and skin irritation in the most unseemly places. Alas, wearing a swimsuit at the pool or beach is out of the question if this has ever happened to you!! People might start to wonder.
3) I could probably complain about car accidents and insurance hassles, but that's another topic for another time.
Well, dear blog readers, now that the clock has officially reached 5:00, it's time for me to get dressed and head over to Curves. We haven't had room in the budget yet to replace our DVD player, so the walking DVD's get a little tricky to see/hear on the wobbly TV stand with my computer playing. Besides, I like a lot of the older women at Curves. A lot of them are really funny.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Not to mention the fact that when you sit down on one of those chushie toilet seats you get a "Whooooosh" sound that can sometimes be mistaken for um... er... somthing else. :)
Post a Comment