Hello, dear blog readers! Well, all sorts of good news are in order! I got my car back from the body shop, so now it is clean and ready to sell. Secondly, I heard from the NICU at Children's, and I've officially been offered the position. (The downside is that I can't start until May.) Thirdly, my extra shift tonight got cancelled, so I'm still in comfy clothes enjoying a bit of cheap (but tasty!) wine from Trader Joe's. Seriously, aside from having affordable groceries, part of the fun of that store is a) tasting their samples and b) figuring out which cheap wines are actually drinkable. Some of the $3-$4 blends are better left on the shelf. Oh, and c) they sell LaPhroaig for less than most of the regular liquor stores. Oh yeah, and d) they also sell Antinorri Chianti for WAY less than they wanted for it at the wine tasting dinner we went to with Mike's parents this summer! (I guess they didnt' sell it all to Binny's like they threatened to do!)
Anyway, to change the subject from alcohol, I have been attempting to figure out how to finish my quilt now that the "quilting" part of it is done. Namely, I need to put the binding around the edges, and I'm not really sure how to do that. I've been collecting bits and pieces of information from some of the gals at work, and that's been helpful. The bigger problem is that even though it's not very thick, it's really warm. I might have to get a quilt rack and just hang it for a while. Also, my mom sent me the beginnings of a vintage fabric quilt for Christmas last year...I think I might have to take my time making it, because by the time Mike finishes school and we move out of this place, we will officially be out of room here. (Hooray for donating stuff to thrift stores!)
Anyway, dear blog readers, now that I have the night off, I'm going to postpone the quilting project until next week when I can lay it out on someone else's floor for the binding and I think I'll read for a while. (Still working on my history of botony book...I can only take so much in small doses, even though it is pretty interesting....)
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment