Well, dear blog readers, I am officially pooped. I decided today that I was going to do "budget" grocery shopping. I used to spend a little more money at the grocery store right behind our house because I could be in and out within 45 minutes tops. Today, I spent half the money and got WAY better groceries, but it took me three hours over 3 grocery stores to get them all.
On that note, I forgot how much I love Trader Joe's. I can usually get most of my fruits and veggies there. Today, they had WI cheese curds on sale (hooray!) and fresh raspberries. Can't beat that!
I wish I could remember what sorts of steaks we had over the summer. Today I bought New York Sirloin at Costco, but it wasn't quite as good as what we dined on over the summer. (Mim, if you're reading this, what do you usually buy?) I was really pleased to see that they were selling the same stuffed salmon, though. I won't be able to cook on a cedar plank or anything that fancy, but I have some mesquite chips leftover. If I don't find a way to burn down the building.... :o)
In other news, the CA Greggas are now proud owners of an orange scooter. The plan is that we're going to get rid of one of the cars in order to save money on gas and car payments. (Take THAT, oil tycoons!) I'm in the process of starting to say good-bye to my little toaster on wheels. It's been such a good car! Gas-efficient, gutless...It feels like I'm riding in a van and I have clear visibility all around.....Turns on a dime.....Sniff, sniff...Oh well. If it saves me from having to work as much OT, I think I can handle parting with it.
Ok, dear blog readers, it's time for me to go to bed. Pictures of The Scooter to follow. We'll have to think of a name for it.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
You have to include a pic of your hubby on the scooter because that will be a fun picture. :) I am always looking for ways to save money on groceries, lucky for me Caputo's really has the best prices and great products so its win-win. A three hour shopping trip with three stores? Ambitious! BTW-how did your interview go?
Agreed!!! I totally want to see photos of Michael Michael Motorcycle!
There will be no pictures of me on the scooter.
Post a Comment