So, dear blog readers, yesterday was a little rough. After trying some newer doses of diabetes medications, my blood sugars were in the basement yesterday. I literally was eating from 4:30 yesterday morning until 10:30 last night to try to keep them up. I can't remember the last time I had to eat so much food....Except for Christmas, possibly.
Don't get me wrong; I can't deny that I was thrilled to make some mac and cheese since the protein, fruit, veggies, and glucose tabs weren't doing the trick. It was great to have some comfort food! Get it while I can, I figure.
So today, I started insulin. It was a little scary trying to poke myself. It's a lot easier having to give it to other patients! I'm curious to see how the rest of the day will go with the doses that I'm taking.
As a result of the insulin, I have more energy today, so I think I'll go work on my garden a little bit just to make sure I'm not neglecting it too much. I haven't been out there since last week due to work and Mike's schedule. Hopefully the disease that was plaguing my tomatoes is resolving a little bit. If anyone has any suggestions regarding fungal infections on plants, please feel free to share your experiences!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment