Friday, August 13, 2010

Morning Musings

Happy Friday the 13th, dear blog readers! I was thinking about the fact that Little Buddy is a month old today (hard to believe, although my tail bone still hasn't forgiven me), and it occurred to me that my poor little man will occasionally have birthdays on this superstitious day. Oh well. We don't believe in superstition anyway.

This morning is a hallmark in that I FINALLY (I think) managed to sort out the insurance discrepancies after the last three months of sorting out the Cobra stuff/applications, etc. That, and yesterday I finally finished filling out the OHP (which is like Medicaid) paperwork since I'm currently (technically) out of an actual job position, although the hospital still has me listed as an employee. I'll be the first to admit: I used to look down my nose at people who used food stamps and government aid, mostly because my first-hand encounters with them were limited to people who just simply lived as if Uncle Sam owed them and that we all should just pay them to do nothing. They were jerks about it. Now, having met a number of women in my same situation, and having fallen on some financial hardships from time to time, I totally have no shame in applying for whatever aid I can get. After all, I've paid Uncle Sam a lot of taxes over the years; I should be able to benefit from that when need be, right? (Or does that put me in the same "entitlement" camp to which I referred earlier?)

On a similar noted, the evening position for which I applied was already filled, but they did open up a night shift position. Here's hoping I get it. If not, I guess I'll be looking into working in the O.R. or some other department. Who knows? Part of the fun of feeling flexible is seeing how the Lord will open new doors to new and exciting things. Even if the prospect IS a little stressful at times. Things keep falling into place, though, despite all of the stress and despite our best and worst efforts to make things happen.

Welcome to life, dear blog readers. Happy Friday (the 13th) to you all!! (It is the 13th, right? I lose track of time.)

3 comments:

SunnySusan said...

happy month old birthday Cameron!! Hey, I would not feel the least bit sad if we could apply for food stamps or anything....we did and still do pay a lot into the system. We are looking at moving from our home...we just cannot afford all the upkeep and we are looking into some apartments near where Amy is going to school in Vista. Wow was I surprised at what is out there...nice new kitchens and they have pools, hot tubs, fitness rooms...I want to move now...

The San Diego Family said...

Yeah a month old already! It went fast right???? How about a few pics to keep your readers satisfied???? have a great weekend, and I'm glad you are shuffling through the paperwork drama nicely. Plus, like it is said, "when God closes one door, another one opens", and it all happens for a reason!! " :)

Mim said...

I vote for finding any available position in the hospital or obgyn office around town, or anything else that's out there. You are a wonderful nurse and any department would welcome. My suggestion is to make your schedule your first priority. You'd make a great nurse in the ER or in ICU. (fewer patients in ICU and transitional care.)