I wanted to post some updates in the meantime for those of you eager for pictures. Little Buddy is now more awake after feedings, and although his smiles are still involuntary, he "smiles" a lot these days. He likes to raise his eyebrows and look very excited about things (not captured very well in the photos below, but believe me, I tried). He and his daddy have been getting great man-bonding time here and there when I didn't sleep much during the night, and Sweet Hubby takes care of the early morning feeding(s).
Parenthetically: as a new parent, I think it has helped to have had experience as a night shift employee. I actually really enjoy those 3 (or 4) AM feedings. It's nice and quiet outside, and the little babe is usually at his happiest at this time. Great for bonding. Now if I could have enough energy to drag my rear out of noon before noon, I'd be doing great!
Anyway, without further ado, dear blog readers!

Here is where I caught him at a tail-end of a "smile"...With his tongue sticking out...And for those of you who thought he looked like me, well, I think there's a bit of Gregga gene coming on strong, but it might just be me.
Father and son bonding. (Note how Little Buddy is improvising one of Dad's digits as a pacifier, and quite without Dad's encouragement.)
Still pretty tiny. And no, I don't leave him unattended in this position. I was trying to keep him from sinking down entirely while I snapped a picture or two.
Happy Little Fella!







3 comments:
Oh yeah... definitely the Gregga gene there....LOL
so sweet..thanks for the pics
You are so funny with your comments. I love the pictures! Thanks for the updates! Glad to see him growing and thriving! Lucky parents are you!
I also really enjoyed the middle of the night feedings. Something about Blake and me alone while the rest of the world was sleeping, having some quiet time. I didn't mind it too much. I need a pic of all three of you so I can post it on my fridge!
Post a Comment