Hello, dear blog readers. Let me start by saying that to some degree or another, I do believe in being good stewards of this earth upon which the Lord has put us. I try to recycle (when ONE of our neighbors doesn't single-handedly fill up the bins after the truck comes by to empty them), etc. THAT SAID: may I just say that I hope engineers keep working on environmentally-friendly products that don't negatively impact my home?
For example, last week our complex management decided that it was time to implement a number of changes in all of the living units. They came in and changed out all of the light bulbs with extremely dim-lit "long-lasting" bulbs. This would be great....If I didn't actually have to turn on MORE lights in order to be able to see well enough to read things like cookbooks, etc. Plus, we had JUST changed out all of the kitchen lights a few days before when they all went out at the same time. So much for purchasing light bulbs; the maintenance guys took all of my bulbs with them when they left.
Secondly: the showerheads. These are rather a neat idea: combining air pressure with the water flow so that you don't really feel the change in PSI with the decreased water usage. Downside: our shower head has some sort of air leak or water leak around the periphery of the head, so as soon as you turn it on, it squirts a perpetual stream of water right in your eye. Solution: point it at the floor of the shower. It seems to take longer to shower, which seems to cause me to use more water. Now, I haven't seen the statistics, so perhaps I'm really NOT using as much H2O as I think I am, but it seems like a longer period of time lapses for us to get clean.
Thirdly: While I'm glad that people are thinking about ways NOT to waste water, I don't think toilets should be part of the solution. Let me just put that out there. Decreased water flow to and already-otherwise slow-flow toilet leads to several problems, which again brings about MORE flushing and water use to accomplish the task at hand.
In short, while there have been vast improvements to the environmentally-friendly movement, I urge the engineers involved to keep coming up with good ideas and better products. In the meantime, I'll keep using what's been placed here in hopes that someday better implements come along.
Happy Saturday, dear blog readers!
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment