Hello, dear blog readers! For the first time in five days, I wasn't contracting every 2-3 minutes this morning when I got out of bed. Also, the rain has abated, and the sun has shown for the fourth (or fifth?) day in a row! I'm really hoping that this afternoon we can go sit on a park bench somewhere and let Toodler run around. Sometimes it's just nice to get some fresh air after feeling like I've been in a cave for a week. Classic cabin fever, here I come! Especially now that the weather is feeling more like spring.
Other than that, not much to report. Our fridge got restocked this morning (thanks to a wonderful Hubby!), so I don't feel quite bad about trying to invent something to eat for dinner. Hubby's job at the factory continues to be physically demanding, but the upsides are that a) he discovered Aleve for muscle pain, b) they have more hours open than originally planned for the spring, and c) he's been able to get in touch with some of his old Marine buddies for some possible short-term (10-day) intel contracts that might help him get back in the game. Oh: AND he's shaping up and trimming down with all of the manual labor that he's doing! I think the two weeks on the job have been more effective than any diet we've ever tried.
So, dear blog readers, here is something to ponder for the day. Hubby and I were recently discussing Matthew 6 in light of our present circumstances. Here is the particular passage we were reading:
v.25 "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
We continue to be thankful that a) Hubby has a job, b) that I'm still pregnant, c) and that the Lord has provided SO MUCH for us through the love, support, and help of friends, both from within the church as well as from coworkers. It's really hard NOT to constantly worry (especially when the contractions start getting stronger and regular at times) about having a preemie, about what would happen if she WERE born early, about what we're going to do after she's born (i.e. how we're going to cover childcare for a few afternoons a week if it comes to that), how long I should keep working or how/if Hubby should pursue a different career that could bring in enough income for me to not have to work anymore, etc.
I've been really thankful that this pregnancy really HAS forced us to depend on the Lord for his grace, peace, and utter dependance upon him. I'm constantly reminded that we're like a bunch of mere toddlers: we want to do everything for ourselves when we cannot. We want to screech at our Father when we don't get what we want RIGHT NOW THIS VERY MINUTE, even though He knows what's better for us in both the short and long terms. We've been forced to take things one day at a time with our "future unknown," and that's been very good for both of us. I'd be going crazy if I had to try to figure out where we'll be in six months. I pray that we will daily be more like Kingdom-seekers and less like....well, yappy demanding toddlers who don't know what's good for them. (Not that we've been experiencing any of this lately.)
Happy Monday, dear blog readers!
Monday, February 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I just love the Toodler's curly blonde hair!!!!
Post a Comment