Hello, dear blog readers! I was trying to e-mail pictures to myself of the yard. More posts to come about The Yard. Let's put it this way: it is very nicely land-scaped, but has several dead bushes, weeds, and a bare patch of dead grass/dirt that makes up half of the yard in the back of the house. The Retiree Neighbors (who, being retirees, LOVE nice yards and all have them) have come over sympathetically to offer solicited--and often unsolicited--advice about what I should do. The most common comments I get are something to the effect of: "The people that used to live here, bless their hearts, tried SO hard to make it look nice, but they just weren't home enough to water things...." I keep telling them there is no guarantee that I will have any better luck with my brown thumbs, but I'm willing to give it the old college try!
Here, at least, is a long-awaited photo of the front of the house. Our "stuff" (other than the camping chairs and sparse cookware that I sent with Hubby in the car on his way our here...And the air mattresses....) is still MIA. We hear rumor from the moving company that it will probably be coming sometime toward the end of this week. I should know more tomorrow.
Happy Sabbath (or what's left of it), dear blog readers!
This is the wrap-around porch that we've been sitting on every night since we've been here. I have a number of mosquito bites to show for it. Apparently NC Mosquitos are "immune" to citronella. For as much as I don't like to use spray, I might have to start if I don't want to be a regular contributor to the Mosquito Food Bank.
This is the kitchen. It looks like the fridge might be MIA in this photo (it was probably taken when the house was new?). The builders accidentally extended the sink/island out into the living room by an extra two feet, which I don't mind because it makes it feel HUGE, and it accommodates little people running around my ankles with a singing Winny The Pooh bus. Plus, I have great visibility into the living room.
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
The house looks so nice. It will be really nice to have some more room, once you get your stuff. I can't believe how long they are taking. Our movers have always had our stuff there within a week. Make sure you get a partial refund!!
IT'S SO CUTE! I hope you love it. Dead bushes in the yard and all. ;)
I love the house! Just darling! The yard will come.
I love the house! Just darling! The yard will come.
Post a Comment