Hello, dear blog readers! So in the last couple of days, I've noticed that I'm not half as functional as I'd like to be, especially when it comes to mental capacity. You also start to notice other "bloopers" around the house that you wouldn't normally do or allow.
For example: You keep referring to one child as the other, which is sad given that you have a son and a daughter. While you're in the bathroom brushing your teeth, your brain goes on haitus, and when you turn around, your toddler is about *this close* to licking the toilet bowl and watching to see if you'll notice. Last week I bought diapers for the wrong child, realized I only had ONE left in the diaper bag of size fours, and had to go back for more. I made this discovery during a diaper change, of course. I made a list of dinners for the week, bought groceries, and then realized I had forgotten to buy the main course meat and/or other ingredients essential to the dish. Yesterday Toodler kept repeating, "String! String!" I was getting dinner ready, and so more than once I said, "Oh, that's nice!" Then I turned around to find him playing with a centipede. A string on the move, no doubt. No wonder he was intrigued. I won't mention that I may have accidentally even used the wrong toothbrush one morning in my state of fog....That was probably the worst....And this morning, I realized I had forgotten to take out the trash for collection right AFTER the trash truck drove past. Doh! So much for super mom.
Oh well. We are managing to survive. We may have gotten off to a late and unorthodox start this morning, but by gaffrey, I'm having my coffee now, both kids are fed and diapered, and all that remains for the day is getting dressed and brushing our teeth. After that, the world is our oyster!
Happy Tuesday (it IS Tuesday, right?) to the rest of you, dear blog readers!
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Drink your coffee FIRST. Things should then go better.
Wise words indeed. :o)
Post a Comment