Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hello, dear blog readers! I don't really have any pertinent or interesting updates to post, so I will close out the day by saying that while I will never be one of those people who saves 90% on their grocery bill, I HAVE discovered how to at least cut out about 60-70% of things like breakfast foods and condiments. I do not feel the need to have 30 bottles of mustard around the house (I currently only have three--insert smiley face), but I never knew that I could stock up on things that actually have some measure of health in them, like the occasional milk sale (especially for Silk and other soy products) and frozen vegetables. I've also found great deals on frozen dinner rolls, which is a nice touch for having people over. When you can find them on sale (plus coupons) for 40 cents a bag, it's nice to load up on a couple of those. There are websites out there, such as the KrazyCouponLady.com and SouthernSavers.com, that take all of the coupon "research" out of the game, so all you have to do is find what you want to buy and either clip the coupon(s) from a Sunday paper or print them off. My goal? To save enough money this year on groceries to hopefully see each side of the family. That would be great! It's a quirky goal, yet an effective one.

Here's to a New Year, dear blog readers, and to turning over new leaves (although I can't say I believe in resolutions, since they seem to have "failure" built into them somehow....)

Happy Tuesday to you all!

No comments: