Saturday, July 19, 2008

Life is Good...

Well, dear blog readers, I have to confess that I am sitting on the couch after breakfast marvelling at the fact that I have this much energy after only getting about 5 hours of sleep. Good coffee: check. Good conversation with Jane: check. Plans in the works for a year-long internship after Mike graduates: check. The fact that my poor patient last night took 6.5 hours after being complete to delivery, but she was able to pull it off without a c-section: check. (Truly, it's very rewarding for the nurse to be a part of that.) Meeting a really good doula yesterday: check. Getting my ducks in a row and contacting folks for job references for CA: check. Finding that exercise has helped my joints immensely over the last couple of weeks, and that my general aches aren't what they used to be at work: check. Sitting in the den (my favorite room in Bill and Jane's house) with the new rug on the floor while sinking my toes in and watching it rain...And it's still before 8:00 a.m. and not 80 degrees: check.

Yup, all in all, I have to say that life is pretty good right about now.

No comments: