Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Hello, dear blog readers, and Happy (post) Thanksgiving! I didn't post much this week due to working at the beginning of the week and having sleep issues during those first few days. But then, I was fortunate enough to have the last three days off. So yes, for the first time in six or seven years, I managed to enjoy myself on the days surrounding Thanksgiving.

Yesterday, Mike and I tried Craig's List for the first time. Our TV is now about a decade old and is starting to "ghost" the images on the screen. (Still a good TV if anyone wants it for free! I wanna say it's a 32-inch?) It's not consistent about ghosting, but we figured it's about time to start looking at some options.

Craig's List didn't work out as well as we'd hoped. While we found some great deals (i.e. large-screen plasmas that normally run over $1000 listed for $200), they were sold out usually right before we called or while we were trying to get a hold of the vendor. Wa, wa, waaaaa....

Thus, for the first time in my adult life (and quite possibly in my entire life), I braved the crowds yesterday afternoon with Mike and we went TV shopping. We managed to make it through Fry's, Wal-Mart, AND Costco without physical and emotional injuries! I get a little neurotic about large crowds, especially when they get pushy, but since we went in the afternoon we didn't really have that problem. And the sales deals! I had no idea! I think if we ever own a home and have to get a washer-dryer combo, I'd have to hold out for Black Friday. (Unless, of course, I'd have to do coin laundry between January and November; THAT kind of wait just isn't worth it.)

So, home we came after surviving our shopping experience. I managed to NOT get the house clean, but at least the dishes are washed, the laundry is done, the sheets are changed, and the tree has been assembled. The ornaments and decorating will have to wait a couple more days, but it was nice to see the soft glow of the lights in the living room again. (That's one advantage of a fake, pre-lighted tree over a real one, although I definitely miss the smell of a real one.)

Well, dear blog readers, now that I'm done with my ramblings, it's time for some Unisom and for bed. Happy holidays to you all!

2 comments:

The San Diego Family said...

Did you get a tv afterall??? Are you working tonight? (saturday) did you buy anything??

Gospel.or.Death said...

Oh, we got a TV alright. Suffice it to say...we upgraded.