Hello, dear blog readers! Do you ever feel the sensation that you've just had an adrenaline jolt from which your ability to sleep might not recover? I've had two such encounters in the last couple of days.
The first was a close encounter of the garden variety. I was watering my geraniums when I noticed one of them appeared to be moving. I THEN realized what I was actually seeing was a small (harmless, I think) snake. Apparently he didn't like getting watered. I think I must have jumped a good few feet backward in a very short time span: who knew I even had the muscles to pull something like that off? Or maybe I didn't. Maybe that's why the old feet have been extra stiff.
The second was a close encounter with the insect population only a mere few moments ago. I was just getting ready to put my computer away when a brown dime-sized "fuzz" appeared on the couch beside me. Miss Muffet, I can relate! I hope my yelp didn't wake the neighbors. I'll admit: I can coexist with small reptiles as long as they remain outside, but I have a complete irrational paranoid fear of the arachnid populace. I think I would have destroyed my computer in my efforts to kill the beast had it decided to cross my lap just now. Wouldn't have been intentional (the computer destruction, that is): but if it's a toss up between me and the spider, the spider is going to lose one way or another. (As it turns out, he's currently becoming part of the carbon chemistry chain in the waters of the toilet bowl.) I had to sit and blog about it in order to relax enough to hopefully go to bed and sleep....Maybe if the spider-incurred heart palpitations stop...
Happy Friday, dear blog readers, and good night to you all!!
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yuk!!! Snakes and spiders - what could be worse??? That's enough to give anyone nightmares!
Post a Comment