Friday, August 26, 2011

The Dog Days of Summer

Hello, dear blog readers! What's a girl to do when the temperatures reach the 90's and there is no air conditioning? Certainly not laundry or cleaning! The other night Hubby and I watched "Bottle Shock" with Alan Rickman and Bill Pullman. After watching most of the movie "Sideways" (we just couldn't bring ourselves to finish it), "Bottle Shock" was fun and we went to bed more light-hearted than we were after watching a dissatisfying mystery film. (Plus, it's hard NOT to watch a movie in which they make fun of Alan Rickman as a snobby character. He plays the part so very well!)

Now that today is cooler, I have all sorts of high hopes about taking the baby out for a lunch play date in the park and then going berry picking. The Oregon wild blackberries are in full swing right now, and since I missed out on the blueberries and strawberries this year, I thought I'd at least get something fresh (not to mention FREE!) in my fridge. Now if it can just stay cool enough to make jam....   :o)

Lastly, I hope to clean the microwave. I get the feeling this is not going to happen today, but it's nice to have it on the "to do" list to be checked off eventually. Even if it doesn't happen until next year.

Speaking of berries, though, does anyone have any good recipes for blackberry jam?

Happy Friday to you all, dear blog readers!

No comments: