Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pet Peeves

Hello, dear blog readers! I'm currently taking a break from budgeting and reconciling bank statements. I don't know about you, but one of the most frustrating thing is when I find that my account is off by 20 cents and I can't figure out where or how without checking statements three times. Of course, it's due to user error/transposition of numbers on my part.

What's a girl to do in the meantime? Dine on a little bit of low-carb ice cream and think of better moments, of course! Today we brought my sister back to the airport. Somehow family visits always go WAY too fast, especially when it comes to moms (in-law) and sisters. I was looking at my camera this morning and realized I didn't get any of us together. Sigh. What did we do for fun, you might ask? A whole lot of bed-resting (or couch-resting), napping while she did homework, and entertaining the Toodler! We took one afternoon to go scope out a quilt store, which leaves me wanting to bust out a new project. I'm trying to maintain the willpower to finish the ones that I already have started.

While I'm "spaghetti-bowling" from thought to thought (or, at least, that's what Hubby calls it), does anyone have any suggestions on food-picky toddlers? This is a kid who went from eating absolutely everything, including every meat and vegetable, to wanting nothing in the last two weeks except turkey franks, apples/applesauce, and pears. I've tried pureeing foods, cooking new things like lentils/beans, etc., seasoning foods differently, and the result is a battle of pinwheeling arms and spitting food out repeatedly at mom. I haven't yet tried the "starvation if you don't eat" tactic, but if this keeps up, I might have to do so. For all of you other moms out there who have successfully been through toddlerhood: HELP!!

No comments: