Saturday, July 21, 2007

Catch 'Em While You Can

Right now I'm sitting on the couch watching bits and pieces of Canadian Bacon. I've never seen it before, but I like the line where John Candy and his American comrades are pointing their weapons at the Canadian guard and one of their threats is, "We've got ways of making you pronounce the letter 'O'!" Musta had to be here...I thought it was hilarious.

Another one for the books. Yet another midwife didn't believe me that a patient was going to delivery, so I delivered or "caught" the baby. Literally. I had just called the midwife. She told me she didn't think the patient would "go quickly." I hung up, looked at the patient, and the poor tike was crowning. I was lucky to get gloves on. You know, it gets easier after a few times, and the nerves aren't quite as bad. Too bad that when it happens, we don't get the pay. Oh well.

No more toilet hickeys last night. That's always a good thing when the plumbing at the hospital works properly.

No comments: