Sunday, July 15, 2007

Random Thought

Ok, I know this is going to sound a bit uncouth, but does anyone else notice the difference in the intensity of the way that toilets flush? 

I thought of this at about 4:00 in the a.m. while I was working the other night. There is a certain toilet on our unit that I usually try to avoid if possible. While most toilets in the world probably have to deal with at least one pluggage during their lifetimes, there are the occasional toilets that have the old super-suction going on. They flush so hard that you don't dare stand in the same vicinity or you'll get splashed in the process. Even worse, a courtesy flush is out of the question because you'll end up with some sort of bad toilet hickey on your rear end. 

What's worse: the toilet with the hickey suction, or the toilet that has the lethargic flush that needs to be unplugged on a regular basis?

3 comments:

G4and2Cats said...

You need to get more sleep!

Anonymous said...

My vote is for the super suction hickey. Toilets that don't flush are just a pain. (I can't believe I'm commenting on this. Perhaps I have too much time on my hands.) We had a toilet for a while that would clog very easily, but as soon as we got a plunger near it, it would instantly unclog and drain itself. I'm serious! So whenever it clogged we'd just wait to see if it would fix itself. But of course it never did until we picked up the plunger and threatened to plunge it. Then it would immediately cooperate, leaving us quite amused. Then there we'd be- laughing, holding a plunger 6 inches above an empty toilet.

Anonymous said...

I too vote for super suction. Let's just say that a slightly wet behind is far better than being stranded without a plunger...at a stranger's house...when you're visiting your fiancee's friends and family for the first time...not that I know anyone with a horrible story like that or anything...