Well folks, we're back in CA now. The travelling itself went fairly well, and we only encountered one wad of gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe, one exchange of words in the women's bathroom (it's astonishing how pushy women can get when the stalls are few and the bladders are many!), and one very bold obnoxious passenger on the way to VA.
We very much enjoyed ourselves! Highlights included meeting our new niece and birthday celebrations for three family members. We were very priveleged to see the baptism of our new niece Sophia into the covenant family of God. She's a good baby, and found Uncle Mike to be a very comfortable pillow! It was great to take a break from work for a few days. I can't believe how quickly the kids grow in between visits.
One thing I miss about being in this part of the country is that most of our families are pretty far away. There's something to be said for family ties: they provide social support and good memories, not to mention advice from people who have "been there" and know what it is that we're going through. Mike is considering an internship next summer in Chicago, which would be great because we'd get to spend more time with his family in the process.
Lastly, I was very pleased to come home and find only moderate holes and destruction among my container garden plants. Yay!



3 comments:
I love all the photos of Ghee and the Pumpkin!
I love having been in the photos. It's not often you see such a nice smile out of Ghee...
I agree! Seeing Ghee in pictures is niiiiiiice, we should do that more often!
Post a Comment