Saturday, March 1, 2008

Vacation Accomplishments

Well, dear bloggers, I realize I haven't left any blog nuggets lately, but I thought I'd recap the goings-on of this last week and a half.

Vacation went relatively well. I spent the first part of the week recouping from headaches due to my fender-bender. Mike and I found a good chiropractor to help with the accident-related neck pain and migraines, so I've been free of major headaches for about the last 4 days or so. Yay! It's nice to be functional. I also got some work done on my quilt: I now have 10 out of 25 blocks completed. The car will be in the shop for a total of a week and half or so. The car rental place gave us a Nissan Altima to drive in meantime. It's so slick that I'm almost afraid to drive it! It doesn't even have a key start up. It starts when the driver's foot is on the break and when you hit the "start" button.

Anyway, enough of cars and rentals. The one thing I was really hoping to accomplish with my vacation time was to get the bedroom reorganized. It's a combo of office space and bedroom all in one room. At this point it's a catch-all and I'm a little bewildered as to how to organize the space that we have. Mike helped me last night to figure out how to maximize the space in the room. I'm planning on eventually getting around to IKEA, but does anyone have any good suggestions as to places that sell cool organizing products like folders, magazine storage, etc.? I know there are some very organized sorts among my family and friends. :o)

I also have an update on finding a job for the summer. I found a nursing agency that contracts with Alexian Brothers, which is within walking for me. I'm hoping to get a day shift position there, but due to its proximity, I think I would take night shift there over day shift position an hour away.

Well, dear blog readers, that's about all for today.

2 comments:

G4and2Cats said...

Glad you're back and glad to hear your brother is getting better. We're praying for him.

Anonymous said...

Our church and all of uscoontinue to pray for Bob.
And for daytime shifts for you this summer!