Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Clever Musings!

Okay, dear blog readers, now that I'm on #4 night of work and am having a decent night (and am not currently floated to La Jolla), here is the late night funniness that I thought of the other day and then promptly forgot.

So a number of mornings ago on my way home, I stopped at a light with a gas station to my immediate right. Being the conscienscious driver that I am, I noticed two guys hop into a beat-up old blue Mitzubishi pick-up. They pulled up to the drive and I waved that they could turn into traffic in front of me. This they did, and on the back of the truck I noticed an "advertisement" of sorts that was pasted from individual mailbox/home address letters. It read "Randy, handyman" and had a San Diego phone number listed below.

Now what was funny about this situation is that the guy had not one, but TWO flat tires on his truck. Both men had stopped for gas and had come out of the 7-11 and had opportunity to see that the truck was sagging, but neither noticed the tires. (Not that I would of either, but I think I might have noticed my car tilting a bit or pulling the steering wheel in a strange direction.) Now, if I were a prospective customer of Randy the Handyman, I think I would have to look for other potential handymen. No offense guys, but no thanks. :o)

No comments: