Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ode to Hubby

Dear blog readers: I just have a few things to say about the one person who gets me through the daily grind. (Since it's still February, I figure I'm entitled to a little belated V-day mushiness.)

-You're the most selfless person I've ever known (at least when it comes to your treatment of me). It puts me to shame sometimes how selfish I feel in light of everything you do to make my day better.

-You got me sugar-free pie, even though the restaurant forgot to fill our order. You tracked down pies to Major Market in order to make my day.

-You woke up super early to work to come get me this week when you knew I'd likely be too tired to drive.

-The "dishes fairy" comes to visit when I'm too tired or lazy to complete the job.

-You do a great job at getting the groceries on weeks when I work several days in a row.

-You take out the trash--my LEAST favorite thing to do!!

-You make me feel like a million bucks, even when I feel frumpy and lousy. You insist on going shopping, even when I don't feel like it, because you heard me say my clothes don't fit. How many hubbies drag their wives out to go shopping?  :o)

-You gave me a great line to use when people ask me personal questions that I don't feel like answering: "Yeah, I don't wanna talk about my flare...." (For you readers, think Office Space and this will make sense.)

-All in all, I probably don't appreciate you as much as I should, but you're the best thing in the world that has ever happened to me, and I'd be completely lost without you.

4 comments:

The San Diego Family said...

Awww. nice!

April said...

So sweet. Those Gregga men can be pretty thoughtful. James brought me a card and a new CD earlier this week, just because. <3!

Lee Hoffner said...

Awesome to see you're writing! I hope this blesses everyone who reads it -- and you as you write it.

Michael Gregga said...

I thank God for his marvelous grace toward us sinners!